JBL Win a Prize T&C’s
Play From Home
Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is Harman International Industries (ABN 84603497187) of Suite 13 / 7
Rosebery Place, Balmain, NSW, 2041 telephone 02 9818 4970 (in Australia).
2. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, prize suppliers,
participating retailers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to
enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto
spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent,
grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-
brother, step-sister or first cousin.
5. Promotion commences at 12:00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on
20/05/2020 and closes at 11:59 pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (“AEDT”) on
31/05/2020 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must undertake all of the following steps as outlined in the
7. Prize on offer: One (1) winner will each receive the Play from Home pack of their
● Entrants must be over 18 years of age to qualify.
● Entrants must enter their name, Email address, phone number, postcode address via
● Entrants will also be required to tell us in 25 words or less, “In 25 words or less tell us
which prize pack will amplify your play time and why?”.
● The Promoter will select a total of one (1) winner that they feel are the most creative
● The judge’s decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
● Winners will be selected by JBL Australia at 12:00pm on Wednesday June 3rd 2020.
● Winners will be notified via email and/or mobile by 5:00pm on Friday 5th June 2020.
● The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated
with Facebook or Instagram.
General Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and
entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the
right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason
to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry
process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to
jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be
accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its
rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
2. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an
offender are reserved.
3. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
4. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for
ensuring that their entry complies with these Terms and Conditions. For the purposes
of these Terms and Conditions content requirements, “entry content”, includes any
content (including text, photos, videos) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish,
communicate or use in connection with their entry into the competition. The Promoter
may, in their absolute discretion and with reference to Clause 11, edit, modify, delete,
remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
5. An entrant’s submission must not include:
1. any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent.
Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express
consent of the relevant person;
2. any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is
potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory,
indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without
limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
3. any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or
any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an
entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for
example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in
their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant
copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the
entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the
right to disqualify a winner if they become aware that the winner and/or the winner’s
entry is of a type described in this clause.
6. Entrants may enter as many times as they like but only one prize will be awarded per
7. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry
will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be
an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any
third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been
used to win prizes in any other competitions.
8. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence,
or negotiation, regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter
makes in connection with the competition.
9. The prizes will be awarded to four (4) persons in total.
10. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the
entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any
information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter through
11. Should a prize remain unclaimed after 12 hours from contact being made by email
and/or mobile number, the promoter will award the prize to the next entrant that was
selected at the time of judging. The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be
notified by email and/or mobile number within 12 hours of being selected.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to change or substitute any of the prizes due to
availability of product, with similar products of an equal or greater value.
13. Independent financial advice should be sought with regards to any tax implications
that may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
14. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
15. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal
release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
16. All entrants agree that if they win a prize, they will not, and their companions will not,
sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other
organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion
of the Promoter.
17. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses
provided by the entrants. If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not
be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be
able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated
agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of
18. The Promoter reserves the right to rescind the prize if an entrant who claims to be a
prize winner is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
19. You agree to assist Harman with generating marketing content to positively promote
(“Content”) JBL audio products (“Products”). This includes you: (a) taking an agreed
and negotiated number of photographs with Harman Products (“Photos”) or creating
specific video content (“Videos”) , and (b) allowing, where applicable, Harman to
taking a reasonable quantity of video footage of you with Products in studio or on
stage/rehearsal or in situation (“Videos”). You hereby grant the exclusive right and
license to Harman, its subsidiaries, distributors, dealers, customers, and sales
representatives, to utilise any such Photos or Videos in their digital and social
channels. You agree to be responsible for all third party content, imagery or music
that may be included in the Photos or videos, and you agree, if necessary, to
reasonably assist Harman with obtaining all necessary music licenses (either for
gratis or at preferential rates) for any music that may be captured in the Videos if
necessary by law.
20. Harman shall have the continuing right after any expiration or termination of these
terms & conditions to use any of the materials created during the Contract Period that
contain any Publicity Rights solely for internal (i.e., non-public) historical or archival
21. All Winners and guests must abide by the terms, conditions, policies of the selected
hotel, selected airline, and any other third-party service provided as part of the Prize.
Promoter, Administrator, airline, hotel and any of the third-party vendors who provide
the services as part of the Prize reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any
event or form of transportation to the Competition, Winner and/or his/her guest(s)
who engage(s) in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or
harass any other person at the hotel, flight, or transportation or any event that
Promoter provides Winner/guest access.
22. Each entrant hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in, and to all
copyright and all moral rights in, any material created or otherwise submitted to the
Promoter in connection with that entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the
prize (Works). Each entrant warrants that the Promoter is free to use the Works
(including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified
form, in whole or in part or not at all) and to exercise its rights in relation thereto, and
neither the entrant nor any third party will be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or
significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the
dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not
limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil
unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel
the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.